Joe Pluta wrote:
But the fact that a highly requested bug (some 80 duplicate bugs)
has been open for six years is a very interesting statistic.
And I love Firefox...

Well, that specific "bug" seemed to stump the people who were maintaining Firefox. And given all the "goodness" of Firefox, I'm not going to be too critical of the Mozilla developers or the development process.

It seems to me that Web application developers can work around the problem by assigning a new session key each time a user accesses an entry point of an application, whether or not there may be a session key already stored in a cookie, URL, or query-string parameter.

Nathan.