From: Nathan Andelin

Gee, I didn't know I had had any influence on you, Joe. I guess I should
take that as a compliment ;-)

Nathan.

From: Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Nathan posted this about a month ago, and I noted that I would try to
emulate this approach with EGL.

I always watch what you do, Nathan. Your architecture is the pure RPG
analog to my J2EE architecture. They're both simple, clean, fast and pretty
easy to program.

However, there are still folks looking for a way to do this with just
tooling, and especially with no Java, and EGL is the way to do it. What
really bodes well for this, though, is that the EGL team included the
specific enhancement that I requested regarding System i call performance.
If they hadn't, this application would have performed atrociously, but since
they have, the thing simply flies.

Why is that important? It's because, despite what the pundits say, there
are still folks inside of IBM that think the System i is a strategic
platform; strategic enough to include a feature in their mainline language
that is designed to better integrate the System i (and ILE specifically).

Joe