Sarah,

Using InfoPrint Server.
I have setup a PSF Config file and created a printer device which uses
that config and outputs to the specified (sort of) directory on the IFS. I
set it up to use /PDF directory, but it always creates a subfolder with
the job name, then one with the user name and then it uses some job ID
then my splf name and then the date all as the file name. If I could force
it to always go to a specific directory (without the subfolders) and
always use the splf name then I would be set.

    Dave Reiher
    System Analyst
    Prairie Farms Dairy - Corporate
    dreiher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sarah Poger Gladstone <listmember@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: web400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/16/2005 03:07 PM
Please respond to
Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Web Enabling the AS400 / iSeries <web400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WEB400] IFS Files (type PDF) available on web

Dave-  How are you converting the IPS spool file to PDF? Which tool is
doing the conversion?

-Sarah Poger Gladstone

On 12/16/05, Dave Reiher/prairiefarms <DReiher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have some WebFaced apps up and running. Right in the same library I
have
> an app that generates a report. I created a PSF cfg and a device so that
> could take that report and convert it to a PDF and put in a folder on
the
> IFS. What I would like to do now is somehow add a link to the WebFaced
> page allowing users to download the PDF. The login that they use should
be
> what determines which file they get. They do not exist as users on the
> 400, they are in a VLDL. Can I do this? Got any resources to help me get
> started?
>
> With what I am trying right now when the files are converted I use their
> login as the spooled file name. But when they are converted they get a
ton
> of other ID's tagged on to the file name, and even the sub folder is
using
> job and user as names. Can I force them to have a very uniqe name and be
> placed in a very specific folder? If so I think this would solve my
> problem. I have just touched the tip of using IPS to convert to
PDF......