WDSC 7. Whenever I perform a "Find String." against a source PF, it creates
a spool file for printer QPUOPRTF. Option '25' in PDM will do the same
thing - if I have the "Print Records" option set to 'Y'.

I never had this issue at a previous employer. I could not find a setting
in Preferences to control this, but I'm guessing that there is one
somewhere. I thought that perhaps, since both WDSc and PDM use the same
printer file, that the PDM options might be affecting it, but can't see it
and PDM does not create the printer file. My PDM options are:

Find . . . . . . . . . . . . . . test

From column number . . . . . . 1

To column number . . . . . . . *RCDLEN

Kind of match . . . . . . . . 2

Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5

Prompt . . . . . . . . . . . . N

Print list . . . . . . . . . . . N

Print records . . . . . . . . . N

Number to find . . . . . . . . *ALL

Print format . . . . . . . . . *CHAR

Mark record . . . . . . . . . Y

Record overflow . . . . . . . 1

Find string in batch . . . . . . N

Parameters . . . . . . . . . . .

The FNDSTRPDM command, which I think both PDM and WDSc use, has Print List =
*NO.

I am signed on to the System I (V5R1) and WDSc with the same user profile.

This isn't a killer, but it is annoying because I have to whack all of those
spool files created by WDSc's Find String function.

Jerry C. Adams

IBM i Programmer/Analyst

--

A&K Wholesale