On 1/14/2011 3:01 PM, Edmund Reinhardt wrote:

After I wrote my last note, I realized that a typical response might be
"yeah right, we will just rip and replace the very backbone of our
application development process based on your 2 line endorsement"
Thankfully Rational is giving it away (for up to 10 developers) a community
edition. https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0
It has almost all of the function of the paid releases, with only a
limitation on concurrent access (and no IBM support).
You can even play with it in a sandbox, if you don't have the time to
install it. https://jazz.net/sandbox02/setup/web

There is a whole active community around jazz.net
This is tool is like Eclipse, I don't use it because I have to, I use it
because it make my life so much better.

That does help, thanks Edmund. I did download RTC 3.0 but I'm having...
an opportunity working out how to implement it. I wanted to run it on
IBM i but had an issue with that (which escaped me at the moment; it was
a while ago) and I can't run it on my PC because my network doesn't give
me a DNS-findable name. I'll revisit that when I have some time.

I appreciate your contributions to the community.
Thanks!
--buck