I'm the only of my group that uses, 2 screens. I didn't even try to
justify the cost. As the rest of my group got new LCD screens, about the
same size as my CRT, I just acquired one of the older CRT's that was
going to storage anyway. If you don't need them to spend much money it's
easy to justify. I also bought my own cheap video card to handle the 2
displays, I'm not playing games so it was a really cheap video card. Your
business may frown on updating your company PC that way so don't spend too
much, and make sure it fits, I had to find a half height card for my
system.

I have been using various combinations of 2 screens at home for a while
and I agree that personal preferences do come into play. If your not used
to it, you won't see much reason to allow it, But if it is what you
normally work on, you really want to have it.