David Gibbs wrote:
Joe Pluta wrote:
Do you need this for development? Since WDSC already has RSE, why would you want the OpenRSE plug-in?

Um, wasn't OpenRSE was initiated by WDSC requirements. As far as I know, this is where RSE is going no mater what. IBM will still bolt things on top of OpenRSE, but the core RSE will be open.

Unless I'm missing something.

Personally, as a RSE plug-in developer, I look forward to having the RSE open sourced.
Yes, that's what I understand as well, although I don't have a good feel for how much of the System i specific code is going to be available in the RSE. If you look at the nature of OpenRSE it's quite a bit more ambitious than what we're used to in WDSC. At the same time, I have no problem with more of RDi being open source. I like open source <grin>. It's just that I don't necessarily need to be on the bleeding edge, especially since that edge is often very fickle.