From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Joe Pluta
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 5:37 PM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] WDS Pricing Structure

Susan Gantner wrote:
Yes, compilers are user based pricing as well as the tools:

$1295 per user for the OPM compilers, $1795 per user for the ILE compilers

As Brian said, there's a minimum number of users required for each tier
level. What I don't understand is the bit about being charged a "processor
price". The material I have does not mention any price other than the per
user price for the compilers and the pricing scenarios in the material do
not include any other cost.

e.g., 3 developers on a P10 using both ILE and OPM compilers and either
ADTS
or RDi (not both) costs $11,655.

The per user prices don't change based on the tier level, but there is the
minimum number of users based on the tier. So you can't get a compiler on
P30 and just pay for 3 users; you need to pay for 10 users.

Don't forget - existing customers who are on software maintenance (SWMA)
are
entitled to a certain number of users when they upgrade - 4 on a P05, 8 on
P10, 12 on P20, etc. Same with the compilers as with the tools.

Yeah, this is where I got really confused. If you have four developers,
do they all need seats to the compiler? It seems like an awfully costly
proposition when currently from what I understand 5722WDS is $3600 a
pop, and you get half off if you buy it with, say, a 515.

Joe