I noticed that nobody else has responded to this so here are some thoughts
from memory. Give it a whirl and if things don't exactly work out then
post back to the mailing list with your results and I'll think about what
else you could try.

First, just to clarify things a bit, the &{MENUOPT.value} is just
something that is translated by the WF conversion into a Java scriptlet in
the JSP to return the value for the field -- it is NOT JavaScript

If you are playing in JavaScript only then something like
&{MENUOPT.ref}.value.substr(whatever) might be similar to what you want
but in this case I suspect you will want to compose a Java scriptlet.

To figure out the Java scriptlet what you can do is first to the
conversion with the original &{MENUOPT.value} that you had and look in the
JSP to see what it produces. I think it may be something like
<%=RECORD.getFieldValueWithTransform("MENUOPT", some-transform)%>. So
then use that as the value in place of the &{MENUOPT.value} in the Web
Settings GUI and add a substring call to it much like
<%=record-of-menuopt.getFieldValueWithTransform("MENUOPT",
some-transform).substring(whatever) %>

I'm sure you were quick to notice that there are some pseudo substitutions
in the above.

Mike

Mike Hockings, P.Eng.
System i Application Development Tools - CODE/Designer & WebFacing !
IBM Canada Ltd. Laboratory
hockings@xxxxxxxxxx
voice 905 413 3199

jwallroff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/18/2007 06:11 PM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] Webfacing, adding a hyperlink to the web settings of a dds
file

Hello,

I'm trying to make a simple hyperlink in a dds file in my new Webfacing
project. This is the way WDSCi will make the Hyperlink

A*%%WB 12 FLD 4 fld=&{S0001CTL.OPTCODE}|value=&{MENUOPT.value}|func=ENTER

I want to be able to do something like this...

A*%%WB 12 FLD 4 fld=&{S0001CTL.OPTCODE}|value=&{MENUOPT.value.substr(0,3)
}+
A*%%WB +|func=ENTER

because the menuopt field in the display file has an edit word

A MENUOPT R O 6 2EDTWRD(' 0.')

and the "." is making the OPTCODE invalid in my application.

Does anyone have any suggestions???