Bill Barnes wrote on 25/10/2006 07:27:32 AM:

Thank you Adam for the info.  I was able to get the debug to start, but
working in it is a whole other story.  I stepped into the program and
set a breakpoint and hit resume and got a message that debug program and
ended and that was it.  I need someone to explain to me why the debug
procedure is so convoluted compared to STRDBG and set your breakpoints
and using F11 to see the variables?

Are you using Service Entry Points, or the STRRSESVR method?  Are you
*sure* that there isn't some error occurring before the line you set the
breakpoint on?  As for seeing variable values, just double-click the
variable to highlight it, then right-click and 'Monitor expression'.
Alternatively, you can just find the variable name in the 'Variables' view
- should be in the top right corner.

[...] fact that you can't create a DSPF only maintain it the same for
PRTF.

I'm not sure what you mean by this - if you mean there is no SDA-like
tool, than you should give CODE Designer a try.  I know it's not built in
to WDSC, but it's still pretty handy.  If you mean you can't do 'File ->
New -> PRTF', all you have to do is Ctrl+Shift+A (open a member), then
give the member name and library you want for your file.  WDSC will ask if
you want to create the file.  This works very similarly to SEU (I think),
only you have to name the file before you start editing instead of
afterwards.

I can still work 20 times faster in SEU, SDA
and RLU.

WDSC will take some getting used to.  Whether or not is it worth the time
and effort for you to learn at this point is up to you (or your boss :) ).
 As Michael said, this is not necessarily the best tool for everyone, nor
for every project.  I found WDSC easy to learn because I had a background
using similar tools, and use it almost exclusively for coding.
Nevertheless, sometimes it is just quicker and easier to use SEU - there
is nothing wrong with that.

Feel free to keep asking questions, and check out the archives of this
list.  Many people will have had the same problems as you are having
getting started, and often there is more than one solution to most of the
problems.

HTH,
Adam

Attention:
The above message and/or attachment(s) is private and confidential and is
intended
only for the people for which it is addressed. If you are not named in the
address
fields, ignore the contents and delete all the material. Thank you. Have a nice
day.

For more information on email virus scanning, security and content
management, please contact administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxx