Hi Bill,

        I feel your pain.  I had a number of issues with wdsci when I
started trying to use it a year or so ago including losing large amounts of
work when it crashed.  I would like to say that due to the encouragement of
those on this list, the steady improvement of the product, and my gradually
increasing understanding of the product, I have become much more productive
using wdsci than I could ever be using seu.  It keeps improving and I keep
discovering ways to leverage its capabilities.  I think that if you stick
with it you will see a payoff as well.  By all means go back to seu when you
get disgusted, but if you keep trying the time will come when you start to
feel the limitations of seu...

        Code designer is THE BEST tool I have.  RLU SDA - I hated them.  For
screen design or print file design Code Designer is the bomb!  I even write
my PFs in Code these days - it encourages me to comment and document...

        Hope you stay with it and hope that your shop stays with the iSeries
(or whatever) it is still the safest most stable platform on earth...

Regards,

Rick DuVall
Systems Manager
Dealer's Auto Auction of Okc
1028 S. Portland
Oklahoma City, OK 73108
(405) 947-2886
rick@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.nothingisreal.com/dfki/no-word

So far I am not impressed with the quality of WDSC.  It seems to have been
released as a pre-beta version with many "GOTCHA's" such as the compile
errors in SQLRPGLE and the conversion problem with embedded SQL and the fact
that you can't create a DSPF only maintain it the same for PRTF.
In reading the WEB page when I first signed up for this service I read the 4
reasons for switching to WDSC and 3 of them were directly related to
WEBSPHERE.  We aren't going to switch to WEBSPHERE ever.  The 3 year plan
here is to move off the iSeries completely and find another platform
solution for our flagship application,  I don't know if that decision can be
changed, the perception is that the iSeries is an antiquated platform with
no future. Part of the problem is that it has taken so long for anyone to
come up with a viable WEB interface that does not require hiring JAVA
programmers and expanding the iSeries to handle the load of WEBSPHERE not to
mention the added expense to beef up the desktops to handle JAVA
applications.

Back to RSE I made the statement earlier this week to Joe Pluta that RSE is
not yet ready for prime time.  He disagrees and encouraged me to join this
forum.  I have not yet changed my mind on the quality and performance of
this tool.  I can still work 20 times faster in SEU, SDA and RLU.  I have
been fighting RSE off and on for about 6 months and still find it more
difficult than it should be.  The tool I use should not be more complicated
than the programs I write.

Thanks

Bill Barnes