From: wdsci-l-bounces+rick.chevalier=americredit.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces+rick.chevalier=americredit.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Fleming, Greg (ED)
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:16 AM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Iseries Project Navigator

I'm new to WDSC, and have installed the latest and greatest (even got
WDSC-Lite yesterday).

I was poking around with creating projects, and it seems that if I've
collected some source members into a project, and work with them from
the Iseries Project Navigator view, then I am working with files on the
PC, and must "push" them back to the Iseries before compiling them.
When I want to compile them, I can't just run a compile from the LPEX
editor, but must do it as a "remote action" from the Project Navigator.
This appears to have the downside of not returning an error list, or
indeed any indication of whether the compile succeeded or failed.

I like being able to group several source members together under a
project heading, but I also like the way compiles behave when I am
working from the RSE perspective.

Is there no way to get the best of both worlds, or must I choose one or
the other ?

Greg Fleming

Programmer/Analyst

Everglades Direct, Inc.

Privileged and Confidential.  This e-mail, and any attachments there to, is
intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this e-mail.
You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.