From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Peter.Colpaert@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:53 PM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Annoying verify problem after
installingWDSCi6.0.1 RefreshPack

Hi Violaine,

thanks, I've opted for number 2 (though I wonder why there isn't a radio

button allowing me to choose between *CRTRPGMOD and *CRTBNDRPG, as I'm
sure lots of other people will have the same problem).

Now I did also notice a different problem: when I right-click the
iSeries
Objects under my connection, and choose "Connect", nothing happens.  I
have to actually open any filter to connect to the iSeries (and get my
initial library list etc).

Did I miss something here also?

Thanks,

Peter Colpaert
Application Developer
PLI - IT - Kontich, Belgium
-----
Yoda of Borg are we.  Futile is resistance, assimilated will you be.
-----

Violaine Batthish <batthish@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
15/02/2006 02:06
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [WDSCI-L] Annoying verify problem after installing  WDSCi6.0.1
Refresh
Pack

Hi Peter,

The ILE RPG verifier was changed in 6.0.1 to more closely conform to the
V5R4 compiler behaviour, and that is why you are seeing the changed
behaviour you describe.

There are 2 preferences you can use to get the ILE RPG verifier to
behave
like CRTBNDRPG instead of CRTRPGMOD:
>From the ILE RPG preferences:
1) On the PCML preference page, if you check Generate PCML and specify a
file, then you can then pick which compile command to use.
2) On the Defines page:
      a) Press the New button for Define condition names
      b) Specify *CRTBNDRPG
This will cause the verifier to behave like the CRTBNDRPG version of the
compiler, rather than the CRTRPGMOD behaviour.

Note that when you specify preferences from the Source->Verify (Prompt)
menu option, the preferences only last for the current verify.  If you
want
to permanently change your settings for all verifies, you should specify
your preferences through Window->Preferences (or from the triangle menu
in
the RSE tree view)

Hope this helps.

Violaine Batthish
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab