Does anything from this small part of the fix list of 5.1.2.2 sound like
the cure for your ills?
Remote System Explorer
List of fixes
1.      APAR - SE16818: CL commands with qualified parameters will no
longer have special values interpreted as single value parameters, and
will no longer disable any qualified fields. For example, if the user
specifies *ALL for the OBJ parameter for the SAVOBJ command, the library
field will no longer be disabled.
2.      APAR - SE16352: When editing Japanese members the backslash key
will now save as Yen character except for source types C, CPP, CLD, SQLC
and CICSC. For these source types the backslash character still saves as a
backslash.
3.      APAR - SE16958: Application hang is fixed when running an iSeries
remote search before the corresponding iSeries connection is expanded or
connected in the Remote Systems view.
4.      APAR - SE17231:
The CL prompter will now correctly recognize built in functions as being
valid parameters when variables are specified. For example, the following
will no longer give an error:
CHGVAR VAR(%BIN(&RCVRLEN)) VALUE(60)
The prompter will now recognize when a user enters values in a field, even
if the value is the same as the default, and specify the parameter as
appropriate in the preview area as well as output from the command dialog.

The CL prompter will no longer incorrectly parse commands where a
positional parameter is also a command. For example the following will no
longer issue an error:
 ELSE IF COND(%BIN(&PERIOD 1 2) = 2) THEN(DO)
5.      APAR - SE17606: RSE "Compare With > Each Other" action now works
if one of the members was previously opened in an editor and the editor
was closed.
6.      APAR - SE17620: COBOL outline view now handles source that does
not contain an "Identification Division" line.

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/26/2004 08:50 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
[WDSCI-L] CL prompter bug in 5.1.0.3 (5.1.2?)

I've found another bug in the CL prompter in WDSC 5.1.0.3 - it is probably

in 5.1.2, as well. I'm not attached to an IBM customer at this time, so
I'm
reporting it here. (I'm using a timeshare iSeries.)

If I enter

if &error (goto endpgm)

and prompt it, I get an error "Command (GOTO in library *LIBL not found."
The prompter adds extra parentheses in the command string:

IF COND(&ERROR) THEN((GOTO ENDPGM))

which is bogus.

SEU handles this syntax just fine - in fact, putting parentheses on is a
time-honored way to isolate a (positional) parameter.

BTW, both of the following are handled correctly:

if &error then(goto endpgm)

if &error goto endpgm

The latter one surprised me, but it also works in SEU. Even in that
context, this is not normal command parameter processing as I understand
it, where each unquoted token separated by spaces is a new parameter.
Unless it has always been the case that the last parameter does not need
be quoted if it has more than one word?