Interesting - Here's what I have:

Start
|----Programs
|-----IBM Websphere Studio
|-----Development Studio Client Advanced Edition for iSeries 5.1 (folder)
|-----Site Developer (folder)
|-----Development Studio Client Advanced Edition for iSeries 5.1
|-----Site Developer 5.1.1

This is one version back - it is not the latest, 5.1.2. At least at this version, the last 2 items are different. Site Developer opens up with a Web perspective and a Java perspective. And the RSE perspective is not available under Windows->Open Perspective->Other... -- it's not there at all. Also, they use separate workspaces.

So, in response to Mark Phippard's post, there is a difference between them. A person COULD take advantage of this, to segregate iSeries and non-iSeries development, maybe. But all the functionality of WSSD (or WSAD) is in WDSC. Therefore, why not stick with just the one?

I do not know if this is still the case for 5.1.2

Cheers
Vern