I'm working on a brand new 2.8 GHz IBM PC with 2.5GB or RAM and it's still
slow.  The slow part has nothing to do with the PC performance.

-----Original Message-----
From: CarollaT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:CarollaT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 12:16 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] RE: Some obvious questions on WDSci ?

Dijk, Bas v Wrote:
5. Why is my WDSci so SLOOOOOOWWW?
This just HAS to be a general question but I HAVE to ask: Loading a list
of all objects in my development library takes ages (minutes actuatly).
Is there a way to have these lists loaded with a little more
intelligence? I'am only able to see a part of the list why not load that
instead of all my 10.000+ objects? (Tried filters but for some reason
these filters always seem to hold the data that I DONT need.

The Slow part is usually a function of how much memory you have.  I
understand that you need a MINIMUM of 512MB, and most people I have spoken
to say that 'more is better' all the way up to 1GB.  I am sitting at 256 (at
work anyways), and I hear ya.  Every time it is slow, I look, and my HD
light on my PC is on solid.  I must say that it seems to have gotten better
since my upgrade to 5.1.2, but still slow.

Tony Carolla
MedAmerica Billing Services, Inc.
mailing list
or email: WDSCI-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx