> From: MWHopkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Have you tried Edit-Select-Rectangle (Alt-R) in the top corner, then
again
> in the opposite corner,
>  then you can use the Edit-Selected-.....grouping to paste, copy, etc.

I can't get it to work.  I can't copy a rectangular selection from one
place and then paste it into an arbitrary rectangular space somewhere
else.  Edit-Selected-Overlay sure doesn't do it.  In fact, I'm not sure
WHAT that does.

I CAN copy a rectangle.  But when I paste it, it inserts it where the
cursor is, newlines and all, so that the rectangle ends up flush left
and the line the cursor was on is split in two, one half before the
rectangle and one half after.  This is NOT what I'm going after.