I'm waiting for 5.1.  It's gotten so much hype I'm expecting it to generate
winning Lotto numbers and bake brownies.

On the W2K box, I removed everything WDSC-related, including digging into
the \program files\IBM directory.  I actually started first thing one
morning and went back later looking for new objects based on the creation
date, so I think I found everything outside the registry (RegCrawler removed
> 8,000 "WDSC" keys).  I killed Norton 2003 AV and various other processes.

The DVD option: it gives my T30 ThinkPad (with current BIOS, Update
Connector fixes, and XP SP's) the hardware Blue Screen Of Death.  If you're
installing from a network drive, you're not loading CD's, so there must be a
way to do a "non-CD" install.  I think I've seen the procedure for a network
drive setup somewhere.

Thanks,
Reeve

On