Thanks for all your inputs. We too have created for reorg purposes, a
utility similar to the one submitted by Steve, which we also run once or
twice a year. Also we weren't aware of the RGZDTALIB native JBA.
One particular issue we encountered with the re-org, , and which prompted
my query, is that we have an automatic replication mechanism of our
application data on a back-up AS400, via remote journaling. The re-org on
the source machine automatically initiated a similar process on the target
machine. The latter however, being less powerful, in terms of CPU, memory,
disk, was still running it more than 30 hours later ... Since in the
meantime, of course, users had started to process transactions, the
related changes were being held, pending the completion of the re-org
(this is the way our replication s/w works). It seems therefore that
changing the re-use attribute of some files might be, in that respect, a
more practical way to save space.