We run the simple CL program (see below) every Sunday.  It takes just under
three hours, on our AS/400 model 720, to reorganize every file on our
system.  We have over 700 libraries and thousands of files.

The exception to this is that query SFPLIB/DLTRCDSQ does not "Select
Records" (see below) for the Inventory Transaction file (INP95) or the AFI
Transaction file (FIP45).  We have several million records in each of these
files with several logicals over them.  We have System 21 distribution,
financials, and manufacturing on our system and various other applications.
The field MBNDTR in the query selection criteria below contains the number
of deleted record in the file.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Steve
Query Select Records statements in query SFPLIB/DLTRCDSQ:

       MBFTYP            EQ     'P'                 Physical file

AND    MBDTAT            EQ     'D'                 Data File
AND    MBNDTR            NE     0                   Deleted Records
AND    MBFILE            NLIST  'INP95' 'FIP45'

            PGM
                DCLF       FILE(SFPLIB/DLTRCDS1)

            DSPFD      FILE(*ALLUSR/*ALL) TYPE(*MBR) +
                          OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(SFPLIB/DLTRCDS)

/* QRY BELOW CREATES FILE SPFLIB/DLTRCDS1 FROM THE FILE SFPLIB/DLTRCDS */
/* CREATED ABOVE IN DSPFD.  SFPLIB/DLTRCDS1 WILL CONTAIN ONLY          */
/* FILES THAT HAVE DELETED RECORDS WHICH AND USED IN THE RGZPFM BELOW  */

             RUNQRY     QRY(SFPLIB/DLTRCDSQ)

/* REORG FILES FROM ABOVE         */

 READ:       RCVF       /* Read a record */

             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0864) EXEC(GOTO EOF) /* EOF */

/* Organize all files with deleted records except system files   */
/* (Q  libraries) and INP95 (this is redundant because INP95 is  */
/* not selected in the query above but shown here for example only   */

             IF         COND((%SST(&MBLIB 1 1) *NE 'Q') *AND (&MBFILE +

                          *NE INP95)) THEN(DO)

             RGZPFM     FILE(&MBLIB/&MBFILE) KEYFILE(*FILE)

             MONMSG CPF2981

             ENDDO

             GOTO       CMDLBL(READ)

EOF: