Re: Authority annoyances, continued...

fixed

Dan,

> I think I know the answer to this, but I need to ask.  If a
program's
> adopted authority is *OWNER and the owner is
king-of-everything/*ALLOBJ
> security officer, etc. etc., and that program updates a file that is
> owned by PAYROLL user and has *PUBLIC *EXCLUDE on it, will the
program
> still update that file?

I know that it is common for folks to have the *OWNER profile have
*ALLOBJ authority, but it isn't always necessary.  If a profile owns
all of the objects in an application, then it doesn't really need
*ALLOBJ to administer that application does it?   The *ALLOBJ
authority would only be needed if the program wanted to touch secured
objects outside of the application in question.

jte