There's only one "compiler" involved and it the RPGLE compiler.

When you have a source type of SQLRPGLE and you use the CRTSQLRPGI command.
It invokes a the SQL "pre-compiler" that parses the source and replaces
SQL statements with regular RPGLE source. The SQL pre-compiler expands (or
inlines) /COPY statements since it doesn't know if it needs anything out of
them or not. But the SQL pre-compiler doesn't expand /INCLUDE.

There's a huge difference between "compiler" and "pre-compiler", regardless
of the language involved.
Pre-compiler reads source and outputs source
Compiler reads source and outputs a binary object (executable or linkable)

You can directly examine what the SQL Pre-complier is outputting using the
TOSRCFILE parm of the CRTSQLRPGL command.
CRTSQLRPGL OBJ(MYLIB/MYPGM) SRCFILE(MYLIB/MYSRC) SRCMBR(MYPGM)
TOSRCFILE(QTEMP/QSQLTEMP1)

After the pre-compiler is done, it invokes the RPGLE compiler over the
source specified in TOSRCFILE().

HTH,
Charles