Jon, I agree with your disagreement!

Dieter, the OP seems to be at a shop where they are infants when it comes to procedures and the rest of ILE usage.

The metaphor of learning to walk can go only so far - the urge to walk may be innate, instinctive. Using procedures is not instinctive - it comes from hearing and learning from others. That's different to some extent from instinctive exploration.

Dieter, it seems your advice comes from someone who has long been on the walkway - it is important to remember what it was like at the beginning. I very much doubt that you evaluated the direction and ALL the steps - I wager that you learned to do one new procedure. A virtuoso pianist might not be the best teacher of beginners.

The OP's development team simply is not ready for any of the use of procedures and all - so the OP is looking for something to counter the fear - yes, fear - of this new (in someone's eyes) new technique.

That fear was, I believe, the result of consultation by someone pushing a wholesale change using ILE and procedures and service programs - and that fear will be extremely difficult to counter.

Fear - children learning to walk seem to be fearless - they just GO! Usually they are in a safe place to do that.

In time we can lose that fearlessness - we are slapped down for trying new things, we are blamed for making mistakes, for falling, while we are beginning to learn something new.

And we learn that our livelihood is at risk - the stakes get very high.

I believe these comments can be extended to the situation presented by the OP - and that this is helpful to him while looking for a way to ease the way to effective use of more modern, more effective techniques where appropriate.

Vern