Then the issue must reside in this one program, not in the data?

Also, the message is saying there is a record; its just not the kind of record you are expecting? In other words, it believes there are at least two kinds of records defined in that PF. The kind you know are there, and then all of the other undefined kind(s). "03" appears to be one of those other undefined kind(s)?

One more thought: Lets wonder about the parm. Just to insure that the issue isn't related to the parm, if you chain with "03" instead of the parm, does it still fail? I expect it does, but weirder things have happened.