Our company has a customer that we provide a LDAP search/authentication option from our I-series application to their external Windows server.
Everything has been working fine but they have recently requested for us to disable referral chasing when doing searches.
I have been able to use both the LDAP_GET_OPTION and LDAP_SET_OPTION to view and set a number of options on their server but every attempt to set the referrals to off is met with a parameter error.

This is my set option procedure definition:

D ldap_set_option...
D PR 10I 0 ExtProc('ldap_set_option')
D ld * value
D option 10I 0 value
D optionval * value

I use Scott Klement's LDAP_H which defines the referral option and the on/off settings as follows:

D LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS...
D C CONST(2)
D LDAP_OPT_ON...
D C CONST(1)
D LDAP_OPT_OFF...
D C CONST(0)

I am sure I am not sending the 3rd parm correctly. I am unable to use %addr to get the pointer for a constant so I have a variable that I evaluate to LDAP_OPT_OFF and then use that in the call:

Ldapoff = LDAP_OPT_OFF;

rc = ldap_set_option( ld : LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS : %ADDR(Ldapoff));

I receive the return code for LDAP_PARAM_ERROR every time I try to set this one setting. I know my ld (server pointer) is good because I can do a LDAP_GET_OPTION directly before this and return a valid value.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Christopher Collar | Programming Analyst, Mgr
Vertex Teller Automation | Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.
7400 Cahaba Valley Road | Birmingham, AL 35242
Voice (205) 981-1980

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended
together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying, disclosure or distribution