I would add that to me, it reflect zero motivation by the sales reps in that area [for that matter, any area] to push the IBM i platform and software solutions.

They want you to buy Power systems, but they also want you to use IBM Global Services, which generates almost 60 % of IBM's global revenue, and going with an IBM i solutions doesn't get much if any service work out of Global Services...

- sjl

Jon wrote:
One quick comment on this.
Don't expect Barbara to comment publicly on this topic - she is very careful to stay away from commenting on the "political" side of IBM. So don't take a lack of comment to mean that she agrees!
It is my understanding that IBM have a lot of plans for the future of RPG - and ZERO intention to drop it. Any comment to the effect that "RPG is dying"reflects ignorance on the part of the local Sri Lanka IBM reps. As Brian noted - anyone who knows anything about future plans is not allowed to talk about it but a quick review of recent additions to the language is sufficient to indicate that if indeed they are letting it die they are showing it in a very very strange way.