Jon,

as you know my framework runs CGIDEV2/APACHE under the hood.

IceCap runs in a Icebreak HTTP server.

The way integration is done is that when you sign on to my
framework it will log on to the Icebreak and get a OSi
session. My framework will get a sessionId back wich I
can use to call any program or OSi command directly in the
AS/400 and it will be EXTJS screenscarped by IceCap.

I have now to sessions, one nonpersitent in the apache
environment and one persistent in IceCap with jobnumber,
output queue and whatever.

In fact I have a unlimited number of persistent sessions
because IceCap will start a new for each program called
and close the session when F3 is pressed in the entrence
screen. Therefor I can have several OSi taps open at the
same time running specific programs without the need for
the user to walk trough OSi menu systems etc.

When the user sign off or is signed off by time out, my
framework will also signoff all the users open IceCap
programs.

In fact we combine the best of two world under on common
UI.

- A 5250 free Web 2.0 environment with CGIDEV2 bridge
- A 5250 advanced Web 2.0 emulator

And If anybody would want it I could probably also
integrate a PHP/ZEND environment.

The most important isn't that I have a framework, it is
that we have combined a number of products into a feasable
migration path and it ends up using the same UI.

We all know that UI is subject to change, in fact the
next HTML5 based UI is already starting to emerge.

http://www.sencha.com/

And if you are used to running ExtJS you will have no
problem running a UI framework like Sencha Touch because
the coding is essential the same and the API's in my
framework already in basics supports it.

What I wrote about PHP/Zend was ....

If PHP/Zend has the same 5250 functionallity as IceCap, I
could do the same in PHP/Zend.

Maybee somebody could enlighten me ?

Henrik

Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Henrik Rützou
HR Software Development
Ved Stampedammen 39
DK 2970 Hørsholm
Denmark
E-mail: hr@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: +45 2714 8449

Homepage: powerEXT.com

Jon Paris <jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
29-07-2010 23:29
Please respond to
RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: Future of RPG was: Open Access for RPG

Henrik - I know about Icebreak/IceCap and your background there.

But I was certain that the original post that mentioned Zend Bridge
and Icecap came from you - so now I'm really confused.

Jon Paris

www.Partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com