The example values that you've given (1 or 10.25 or .1258) should work
fine for %dec(wrkscore:4:2). But %dec(wrkscore:4:2) will fail if
wrkscore contains any value that is greater than '99.99', . This is
because you define a precision of 4 with 2 decimal. Well.... That means
it can only hold up to 99.99.