I wouldn't mind if they made up their own GUI protocols, as long as they are
well documented and openly published so that people can interoperate with
them, write clients for other platforms, etc.

*____What's this that Export Ventures did, is it still kicking around??

They have a C++ compiler on the system, right, and the i5/OS is written in C or
C++ or some combination thereof, correct? Add a few C/C++
borrowed/begged/stolen from the other two OS's that run native and there you
have it? Right? (Like the sign in another programmer's office here: :) "Can't
be more than a few lines of code, right?")

And I believe we've been able to store forms on our system for decades already,
pictures even, though rarely done because it's so much easier elsewhere.

And they now run AIX native binary OS on the same metal guts as they do the the
i5/OS, right? (As a non-AIX or Linux guy, me) And AIX and Linux already have
source and binaries that can render graphics on an ASCII "dumb terminal", right?

Would they have "C-type libraries" on the AIX that support such rendering of
graphics output to those terminals?

Maybe it would be a King-Kong sized port?

Could someone build one to throughput to some graphics output or output/input
device, like Export Ventures?

Alan