There has been a bit of confusion on QBNRPII and, having looked into it
after running into Scott Klement here at COMMON, I think I can understand
the confusion. Things are not quite right!

It is likely that in a future release an API such as QBNRPII could be made
available. Due to some user requests, it is also possible that such an
API might be PTFed to some of the releases currently in the field.
Unfortunately, while working on some of the "proposed API" documentation,
a developer responded to a question in an internal tool that, as a side
effect, caused this potential work item to become visible on the web. This
was, shall I say, unintended (and the developer didn't know this had
happened until yesterday...).

SE25189 is essentially the equivalent of someone in the field creating an
APAR, and development saying "we accept the APAR and will do something".
If you look at the PTFs available section of this "APAR", you will see
that no PTFs are listed. The level of detail described in SE25189 would
be appropriate for a PTF coverletter, and certainly looks like a PTF
coverletter, but SE25189 is not a PTF. It is a form of APAR that was
generated internally by IBM, not intended for publishing on the web, and
subject to change until any such PTF(s) to address the APAR might be
approved. At this point I'm reminded of a line from an old movie "just
ignore the man behind the curtain" when looking at this APAR :-)

So to sum up, just ignore this APAR for a while. Don't waste time trying
to find the PTFs, because there aren't any. At some point you may see the
addition of PTF numbers to this APAR. These numbers would not start with
SE, but rather with SI. To pick some examples at random, these might look
like SI27064, SI23544, SI23619, SI27061, and SI27065. It is also possible
that, due to changing requirements, the references to V5R3 may be removed
from the APAR.

Bruce Vining