Re: Remove *Entry from /free
Is this adding obscurity and removing what has always been a pretty
easily followed process?

Just curious, thats all.

I can't remember the last time I used a *ENTRY PLIST so I guess
obscurity is relative to what your used to.
Using a prototyped call allows the compiler to check the call interface
at compile time which helps ensure you are sending the correct
parameters if any.
Here's some information out of the RPG Reference.

A prototype is a definition of the call interface. It includes the
following information:

Whether the call is bound (procedure) or dynamic (program)
How to find the program or procedure (the external name)
If it is a remote program residing on an iSeries server
The number and nature of the parameters
Which parameters must be passed, and which are optionally passed
The data type of the return value, if any (for a procedure)
A prototype must be included in the definition specifications of the
program or procedure that makes the call. The prototype is used by the
compiler to call the program or procedure correctly, and to ensure that
the caller passes the correct parameters