What I do first is add 1 to the last sequence number, then call the API
with JrnVarR02  key instead of  JrnVarR03:

If I get AeBytAvl > *Zero; Then I use the JrnVarR03 key.

Saludos,

Leonel Mejía Chinchilla
Administrador de Seguridad de Sistemas
Gerencia de Tecnología y Operaciones Regionales
BAC | Credomatic Network

Martin Saunders <martin.saunders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
12/01/2007 10:36 a.m.
Please respond to

rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: Journal API QjoRetrieveJournalEntries

 <lmejia@...> writes:

One more thing, before the new cycle I do this:

JvR03DtaDte = %TimeStamp;
JvR03DtaDte = JvR03DtaDte + %MSECONDS(1);

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think this is the problem. I have
been
having another look at the manual and it looks like I have to pass in a
starting sequence on the second and any subsequent calls to the API
otherwise
it just starts at the beginning again which is what is causing my problem.
The
code I used as a template for this program is getting the sequence number
but I
am not passing the details for key 2 (starting sequence) to the API.

The manual says:

"If the receiver variable was not large enough to hold the retrieved
journal
entries, the API can be called again, specifying the same selection
criteria
and specifying a starting sequence number one greater than the last
sequence
number returned."

This is all well and good but I can't specify a starting sequence AND the
same
selection criteria because I get a CPD7061 message telling me that a start
time
and a starting sequence number cannot both be used. Looks like I will have
code a separate API call for the second and subsequent calls.

Martin