From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Vernon Hamberg
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 10:59 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: socket api question - is it possible for recv() to
receive0byte from server?

Scott

As you say, functions that set errno do not change it if they end
successfully. That is why it is good practice in C to set it to 0
before any call to such a function. I have been able to set errno in
RPG - just need to call the geterrno() function (I think) to retrieve
it the first time, so that the pointer is set to the location of
errno. After that, the variable based on the pointer to errno can be
set to 0. Least it has worked for me - i've tried to learn my lessons
about pointers from you!!

Vern