Geez,  I asked out of curiosity, and I get jumped on.  Look man, I didn't
know... again clarity wasn't there.  I wasn't sure if you were completely
against the ideal or just referring to CEEDOD.

This is what you said (direct copy/paste):

   So... are you saying that *NoPass should never be used? ever? for any
   programs? I've created a few programs where the program was prototyped
   this way (*NoPass).  "Luckily" I haven't experienced any problems

Look at the way it's phrased:

   So... are you saying that *NoPass should never be used? ever? for any
   programs?

I took that not as curiosity, but as skepticism. The way it's phrased and the tone, to me, appear to be skeptical, as if you don't trust me. Can you see why I interpreted it that way? Furthermore:

    I've created a few programs where the program was prototyped
    this way (*NoPass).  "Luckily" I haven't experienced any problems

I took that as sarcasm.

Why is it that programmer's feelings are hurt so easily?  Why do we have to
be so snippy?

My feelings aren't hurt. I'm frustrated by the amount of mis-information that has been posted to this list today. Keep in mind that everything you say is sent out publicly and archived where people will use it as a reference for years to come.

When someone asks "Why is this program giving me an operational descriptor error?", which is a fairly common question, you replied with "I've never had much luck with *OMIT thing." and told him to simply change his call to CEEDOD to use options(*NOPASS).

For years to come, people having this common problem will search the web and find your answer and try it.

There's no law that says that Michael Schutte must reply to every message posted in RPG400-L. If you don't know anyting about the API, and haven't experienced the problem, please don't post a response suggesting some random thing!

Nowhere did I say that Options(*NoPass) was acceptable... I was just asking
if it was okay to use if I designed it that way.  First part of you message
answered that. thanks for that... but geez, I wasn't trying to second guess
you.  This stuff is still new to me and I just ASKED...

Then make that clear in the message. The message I read was telling the OP that he should try *NOPASS because you haven't had much luck with *OMIT.

Don't confuse someone who's having problems, or other people who will have problems in the future and find this thread, by telling them to try something that doesn't make sense.

Also, I'm not as frustrated as you seem to be taking it. My apologizes if I'm coming across too strong.