Hi Praveen,

I echo Alan's question (why code it that way) and if you need to do it that way, how about

%months(1) + %months(1) + 2006-01-31

And what result does Java given when you add 1 month to 2006-01-31? I'm not a java programmer...

Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050

Alan Shore wrote:
Praveen - you asked
2006-01-31 + %months(2) should be consistent with 2006-01-31 + %months(1) +
%months(1)
The answer is obviously ----NOT what you wanted/expected to see. If the
system was changed to reflect what you wanted/expected to see, I'm pretty
sure that there would be somebody asking why the reverse (the original way)
was NOT working.
My question - why do you need to code the equation as
2006-01-31 + %months(1) + %months(1)

instead of
2006-01-31 + %months(2)

Alan Shore

NBTY, Inc
(631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
AShore@xxxxxxxx

"praveen gunda" <praveen.gunda@gm ail.com> To Sent by: "RPG programming on the AS400 / rpg400-l-bounces@ iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> midrange.com cc Subject 03/27/2006 04:35 Re: Bug in IBM Date Routies %month PM Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@midrang e.com>

I think IBM should have taken care of this, similar to how they have taken
care of this.

2006-01-31 + %months(1) = 2006--2-28

Also,
2006-01-31 + %months(2) should be consistent with 2006-01-31 + %months(1) +
%months(1)

Adding 2 months or adding 1 month + 1 months should be same right?

I write a lot in Java, and have never came across such a problem.

On 3/27/06, Michael_Schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx <Michael_Schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
You get the same issue when you do it with the date of 3/31/2006 instead
of
1/31/2006

Michael Schutte
Work 614-492-7419
email  michael_schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx

             "Peter Dow (ML)"
             <maillist@dowsoft
             ware.com>
             Sent by:                  RPG programming on the AS400 /
             rpg400-l-bounces+         iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             michael_schutte=b
cc
             obevans.com@midra
             nge.com
Subject
                                       Re: Bug in IBM Date Routies %month

             03/27/2006 04:23
             PM

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries
             <rpg400-l@midrang
                  e.com>

Hi Praveen,

Actually, that's not a bug, it's a problem with intermediate values.
When you add 1 month to 2006-01-31, what do you get?  2006-02-31 is not
a valid date; instead you get 2006-02-28 (see the manual).  When you
then add 1 month to that, you get 2006-03-28.  Date arithmetic is
tricky...

hth,

Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050

praveen gunda wrote:
I found the following bug with IBM Date rountines... Was there a fix
for
this?

     Ddate1            s               d   datfmt(*ymd)
      /Free
       cymd = 20060131;
       date1 = %date(cymd:*ISO);
       dsply %char( (date1+%months(2)):*iso );
       dsply %char( (date1+%months(1)+%months(1)) :*iso);
     /End-Free

Heres' the output:

 DSPLY  2006-03-31
 DSPLY  2006-03-28

Shouldn't it be 2006-03-31 both the times.

list

list