Scott,
  I am using a MODS because I am fetching multiple rows via SQL in module B.
  I am using a protyped call to pass the data.
  Module A defined  DS_A    Occur(15)
                      Field 1
                      Field 2

  Prototype:
  Module_B     PR
  DS_A_p                                      LikeDS(DS_A)
  .
  .
  .

  /Free
   Module_B (DS_A_p : ,, : ,, : ,,)
  Module B

  Module_B
  defined  DS_A    Occur(15)
                      Field 1
                      Field 2

  Prototype:
  Module_B     PR
  DS_A_p                                      LikeDS(DS_A)
  .
  .

  When I return to Module_A, I have loaded N occurances in DS_A_p

  In Module A, all occurances after 1 are BLANK.

  I managed to get it to work using Export / Import, but do not understand why
parms did not work.

  Thanks,

Scott Klement <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How are you passing the MODS between the modules? Parameters work by
sharing memory across the programs. So as long as the correct memory
address gets passed, you should not have problems.

Are you using prototypes to make the call? Or are you using CALLB? Did
you remember to set the occurrence to 1 (so that you get the memory
address of the starting element)?

Would it be possible to use an array of qual data structures instead of a
MODS? This is generally easier to code. But if you need V5R1 or older
compatibility, you may be stuck with MODS.

I'll never recommend import/export (I consider them to be a very bad
practice).

---
Scott Klement http://www.scottklement.com