Rick,

If you have to test every procedure in a module when one is changed, the I can
see why you'd push for one procedure per module.

However, IMHO that is a ridiculous requirement.

The whole idea behind procedures is that a change in one has absolutely no
effect on another stored in the same module.

UNLESS you are using global variables.

The only thing to be concerned about it accidentally changing a procedure you
didn't intend too.  Such concerns can be easily dealt with by using a source
compare utility to prove that the only procedure you changed was the one you
intended to change.

Proper modular programming leaves you with lots of small procedures.  Having
one per module, is quickly going to overwhelm you when it comes to binding them
into (service) programs.

How about prototypes for those procedures?  If you keep one prototype per
module, you'll quickly end up with more /COPY lines than code.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343
fax: 513-398-1121