From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Rick.Chevalier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 4:07 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Procedure names vs. production support

Bob,

Option 2 was to name the procedure the same as the source member.  In our
case, today, that would result in a source member name like SP4531M  and a
call statement like SP4531M(PARM1 :PARM2).

<snip>
If it was the 1 proc per source member/module rule--then all I can say is if
people think that's a good idea, then they are not up to the skill level to
be using procedures anyway.
Now, this does not preclude you from occasionally having a procedure that is
the lone ranger within a module, it just means that having a rule that
requires that kind of thing is only due to lack of experience with this
stuff.
</snip>
Could you expand on this?  In an earlier post I gave the reason I think we
should have a one to one relationship in this shop.

Rick