I think you confused the compiler by having the prefix(PT.) on the file and a
qualified DS named PT.

The results of having PREFIX(PT.) and a qualified DS named PT is you have two
variables named PT.PAGE.  One in the file, one in the DS.

If your trying to have the data in the file end up in the DS, you don't have to
have the names alike.

fPATMST    if   e           k disk    prefix('PT.')
d Patient         ds                  likerec(patmstr)

  /free
   read PATMST Patient;
   if Patient.PAGE > 65;
     *inlr = *inlr;