rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I thought it was implicit - just wanted to be sure.

What does the else buy you?
Traditionally once you exited the loop one might ASSUME that the exit was due to the DOW. However it could have been because of the eof LEAVE. If you use the ELSE if you only want to process what was specified you the DOW then you wouldn't have to do
Enddo;
Select;
When MASTS='A';
EndSl;
// Yes, you could have used an If instead of a select. However I find that 70%+ of the time I use nested if's or else and the select just grew on me. Gives room for growth.

Rob Berendt

You got it! One trivial example I found on-line for it is:

    for item in seq:
        if item == target_item:
            print "Found", item
            break
    else:
        print "Nothing found, dude!"

(And thus, there's no more mystery about which "other" language has this feature!)

In your example, you have to explicitly test the loop condition again following the loop to see exactly how the loop ended. With the ELSE clause, you can easily tell how the loop ended without any additional test.

Cheers! Hans