Isn't it possible to simply change the severity of the compiler message in
the message file?  Keep a copy of the msgf higher in the library list and
change it there.  Or if the compiler is hardcoded to get it from a
particular library, back it up and modify it.

Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050 voice
909 793-4480 fax
909 522-3214 cell

> <Hans>
> If a program successfully compiles today, it *must* continue to
> compile successfully tomorrow. Any new diags would have to be
> severity 10 or less. And since such diags are easy to ignore, we
> don't often add such diags.
> </Hans>

> <Aaron>
> I can see the reasoning behind this because you would have some pretty mad
> customers if they had to "fix" hundreds of programs, but I also think that
> the problems that could result from not throwing an error could be even
more
> troublesome than somebody having to go in and code a simple INZ for data
> structures.  Fixing errors based on the compiler listing is cake, fixing
> errors because a data structure wasn't initialized can be evasive.
> </Aaron>

---