You've got it backwards.  You don't change from the default of
CRTBNDRPG GENLVL(10)
CRTBNDRPG GENLVL(1)

Instead you change the one message.  For example:
CHGMSGD MSGID(RNF....) MSGF(QCODE/QRPGLEMSG) SEV(20)

Granted, you'll have release headaches, but that's just something to add
to your documentation as to what needs to be changed after a release
upgrade.

Hans & Barbara, Do you ptf messages?  If so, do you replace the entire
message file or MRGMSGF?

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

"Bartell, Aaron L. (TC)" <ALBartell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/20/2003 08:20 AM
Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries