> From: Bartell, Aaron L. (TC)

> Anybody can easily read that 'if' statement, because it is just that,
one
> 'if' statement.  Try something with a little more real world-ness to
it.

You have a point here, Aaron.  The one thing /free buys you is more real
estate.  I'd be thrilled if they did away with the limitation on source
record length altogether, for both fixed and free format.  Although at
that point, I'm treading dangerously close to the DARK SIDE, aren't I?
Fixed format, but with an unlimited extended factor two?  See, Aaron?
You're infecting me with your bizarre programming rituals!

>ROFL!>

Anyway, one thing I might suggest, just for fun, is to occasionally
reduce the names of your procedures.  Since the internal name does not
have to match the external name, you could reduce DOMX_getAttrValue to
something more manageable, like "DgAV", but that would remove
readability.  Or, you can wrapper calls to external procedures inside of
internal ones.  That also helps insulate you from API changes.

>          invoice.tax =
>            #CtoN(DOMXPath_getAttrValue(root: 'Invoice/tax': i));

Personally, I'd wrap this in an internal procedure called getAttr, and
I'd have this, which fits just fine in fixed format:

>           eval   invoice.tax = getAttr(root:cTax:i)

In this case, cTax is a constant.  This hides the #CtoN and the call to
the DOMX_getAttrValue.  That's just me.  I don't like copying big,
complicated lines of code.  That's what procedures are for.

Joe