cgiParse is a server-standard API. You see in on the "other" platforms
as a way to automagically parse the URL-encoded input string. I've
actually cloned a lot of CGIPARSE in RPGIV just for grins.

QzhbCgiParse on the AS/400 is a bit complicated, but I've been using Mel
Rothman's CGIDEV2 which has a pretty good wrapper for CGIPARSE as the
other APIS. Although I prefer my own API wrappers except for the CGI
parse API, for which I prefer Mel's.
With cgiParse, you do end up effectively doing a "MOVE" to the field.
Sort of like the old routines in RPG--long lists of MOVE opcodes to copy
data. With this API, however, you end up with:

 C           EVAL    CustNo =  zhbGetVar('CUSTNO')
 C           EVAL    CustName =  zhbGetVar('CUSTNAME')

For each field in the HTML page.
At first I didn't like it, and firmly believed that QtmhCvtDB was the
best thing in the world. But the ease of using a wrapper API over
qzhbCGIParse is hard to pass up particularly with Mel's CGIDEV2
wrappers.

I will probably include my own wrappers in my book on "Web Applications
with RPG IV and CGI" (sorry Brad) but I might also just recommend Mel's.
Why do my own? Because I'm from the school were I believe you really
need to know how a piece of code operates to fully understand and take
advantage of it.

Bob Cozzi
cozzi@rpgiv.com
Visit the on-line  Midrange  Developer  forum at: http://www.rpgiv.com

On
> Behalf Of Joep Beckeringh
> Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 3:30 PM
> To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
> Subject: Re: CGI-RPG Parameters with different sizes
>
> Peter,
>
> What do you mean by 'sending three parameters'?  If program A calls
program
> B, it can either pass three parameters (in which case program B will
have to
> have three separate parameters defined; not in a data structure) or
pass one
> parameter, containing the three fields.  If program B has the
parameters in
> a data structure, I suspect that you are passing the data structure.
In

<rpgiv@egroups.com>