  • Subject: Re: Formatting Data in RPG 4
  • From: booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:47:23 -0400

I'd do this I think:

  D LongField      S                   60
   * Cat the records (use TrimR as we wish to remove trailing blanks only):
  C             Eval   LongField = *Blanks
  C             Eval   LongField = %TrimR(Record1) +
  C                    %TrimR(Record2) +
  C                    %TrimR(Record3)
   * Substring at 20's:
  C             Eval   Record1 = %Subst(Longfield:1:20)
  C             Eval   Record2 = %Subst(Longfield:21:20)
  C             Eval   Record3 = %Subst(Longfield:41:20)

Booth Martin
Booth@MartinVT.com
http://www.MartinVT.com

"Justin Kiteley" <justin@asiwms.com>