  • Subject: Re: parsing a numeric field
  • From: "James W. Kilgore" <qappdsn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 07:16:19 -0700

Sorry, didn't catch that.  The mail delivery has been pretty spotty this past
week.

Out of curiosity I decided to try a timing test on Z-ADD vs MOVE/MOVEL.  There
must be something wrong with this code:

 *************** Beginning of data ********************************
 C                   Z-ADD     1             COUNT1            5 0
 C                   Z-ADD     1             COUNT2            5 0
 C                   Z-ADD     12345.67      AMOUNT            7 2
 C*
 C                   TIME                    STRTTIME         12 0
 C     COUNT1        DOUEQ     10000
 C                   Z-ADD     AMOUNT        DOLLARS           5 0
 C                   Z-ADD     AMOUNT        CENTS             2 2
 C                   ADD       1             COUNT1
 C                   ENDDO
 C*
 C                   TIME                    MIDLTIME         12 0
 C     COUNT2        DOUEQ     10000
 C                   MOVEL     AMOUNT        DOLLARS
 C                   MOVE      AMOUNT        CENTS
 C                   ADD       1             COUNT2
 C                   ENDDO
 C*
 C                   TIME                    STOPTIME         12 0
 C                   DSPLY                   STRTTIME
 C                   DSPLY                   MIDLTIME
 C                   DSPLY                   STOPTIME
 C*
 C                   SETON                                        LR

The difference between STRTTIME and MIDLTIME is 8 seconds, but the value for
STOPTIME is the same a MIDLTIME.