  • Subject: Re: parsing a numeric field
  • From: "Rick Childers" <rcvernors@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 09:34:53 -0400

Your code works fine.
Here are my results using  DOUEQ 5,000,000
  1st run
  Z-add Starttime   9:22:25  042301
  End of Z-addS Start of MOVES 9:22:28    042301
  End of MOVES 9:22:34  042301
   Lapsed Time for Z-adds 3 seconds
   Lapsed Time for Moves 6 seconds

  2nd run
  Z-ADD start time 9:22:51    042301
  End of Z-adds Start of MOVES 9:22:54
  End of MOVES  9:23:00
     Lapsed time for Z-adds 3 seconds
     Lapsed time for moves 6 seconds

   Every time that I have tried it, the Z-ADDS have beaten the MOVES.  The
moves take about twice as long.

I think I will try this little experiment using a Data Structure.