Re: Help with Linux config

fixed

Many thanks to all who helped out.

I now have Puppy running on a ThinkPad 390X and am very happy with the
performance.

Now to experiment with using it as an in-house PHP environment - it seems
happy to do that with the XAMPP package I downloaded.  Wish I could fully
install it so I didn't need the CD at all but you can't have it all I guess.

Puppy has some terrific wizards that I wish were present (or I could find!)
in Ubuntu.  I prefer the Ubuntu interface to Puppy but as I noted in an
earlier post it can't seem get the Ethernet connection sorted out - which is
odd because it worked fine using the identical Ethernet card on the other
older/slower PC.  Puppy couldn't see it at all but a quick click on the
wizard and it sorted it out in 30 seconds.

Jon Paris
Partner400

www.Partner400.com