Help with Linux config

fixed

Hi folks - I am a complete novice with Linux (Debian) and am trying to get
it running on an old laptop.  Apparently I screwed up the X configuration's
mouse information - so I only have command line access.  I don't want to
have to repeat the install (it took forever) so is there a simple way of
editing the config file?

I assume I'm looking for something like EDLIN (shudder) but haven't a clue
what that might be - I was looking forward to all the graphical stuff!

Jon Paris
Partner400

www.Partner400.com