On 8/23/06, Bob Crothers <bob2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For the majority of companies, Notes is a solution in search of a problem.

It goes to prove how good IBM Marketing can be when it wants to.

You know what, this is what kills me.  IBM can market and sell this product,
but can't/won't do the same for AS400/iSeries/i5/Series i.

Beyond email, I also use Notes for what it was designed for, as a
collaboration tool.  This part of it seems to work well.  The databases we
use are all designed in-house.  AFAICT, there is nothing that specifically
ties the email client to those databases, to the extent that you couldn't
use another email client.  Maybe that's something on the Domino side, but I
have no idea.  If you use Domino as your email server, are you forced to use
the Notes client?

But then, the bulk majority of our employees use Notes for email only.  I
feel for them.

- Dan